Mike Rankin explains what you need to know about using rulers for the Photoshop ACA exam. He shows how to choose ruler units in the Info panel, how to show and hide rulers, and how to open ruler preferences.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we'll take a look at … what you need to know about using rulers … for the Photoshop ACA exam. … In our exercise file, I'm going to start by … showing the Info panel from the Window menu. … With the move tool, as I move my cursor around the image, … notice that you can always see the position of the cursor … in the info panel, with its x and y coordinates. … There's also a tiny triangle next to the crosshairs … that you can click to open a dropdown menu … and pick a different unit of measure. … So right now I'm looking at inches, … but I could choose pixels, … or any of the other units of measure here. … I'll go back to inches. … And I can also use rulers to measure and position items. … And to show the rulers, I'll choose View > Rulers. … You can also press command + r on the Mac … or control + r on Windows. … And the units on the rulers … match what's showing in the Info panel. … So if I change it to pixels, the rulers change. … There are also lines in both the horizontal …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.