Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Using linked files as Smart Objects, part of Design the Web: Smart Objects.
- There have been some changes on how we can…create and modify Smart Objects…in the Creative Cloud version of Photoshop.…In addition to having the Smart Object data…embedded in the Photoshop file,…we can now link external files…into our Photoshop file as a Smart Object.…This works very similar to how we link images…inside of Illustrator and InDesign,…and this can be a very powerful way…to manage assets across a range of Photoshop files.…So to demonstrate this inside of our…final composition, I'm on the Move tool here.…I'm going to come down and hold the…Command or Control key, click on the skeleton.…With the Properties panel open,…which you can get to by going to the Window menu,…down to Properties, the Properties panel will now…give us information about our selected Smart Object.…
In the Layers panel, I have skeleton Smart Object selected,…and in the Properties panel I have two buttons.…I have Edit Contents and Convert to Linked.…If I choose Edit Contents, this does the same thing…as double-clicking the Smart Object,…
This course was created and produced by Chris Converse. We are honored to host this content in our library.
- Creating Smart Objects from Illustrator
- Creating Photoshop Smart Objects
- Adding effects to Smart Objects
- Duplicating and positioning Smart Objects
- Editing a Smart Object
- Where to go from here