Leading lines guide the eye. Chris Mattia teaches you what to look for and how to leverage these hidden guidelines in every image you capture for teaching and learning.
- The last compositional element that we…need to talk about is the concept…of leading lines.…Now as children,…we all learn that it's often easier to…follow a well worn path to success…than it is to constantly have to blaze…your own new trail.…It's just something that we've all learned…and we naturally look for those paths…that may guide us to our next success.…It happens so unconsciously that we…rarely think about it anymore,…but this concept of a path to success…is something that you can use…visually in your image to…enhance your teaching and learning assets.…
And it's a concept called "Leading Lines",…and compose your shots to include…lines that will naturally draw the eye…and lead your viewer to your subject.…Now once you begin to notice these lines…you'll realize they're virtually everywhere.…And they often require you to only make a…slight change in your image composition,…to really use them to your advantage.…In our Moai example,…notice how in this image your eye just…tends to wander around the open space…in the image.…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.