Mike Rankin demonstrates the basic concepts and features for working with layers in Photoshop. He shows how to create layers, delete layers, rename layers, edit text and color, as well as how to lock layers to prevent unwanted changes.
[Instructor] In this movie, … we'll begin our look at working with layers … to prepare for the Photoshop ACA exam. … Specifically, we'll look at modifying layers. … In our exercise file, we have a magazine cover … that's made up of many layers of various types … and I can see them by opening the layers panel. … So there are pixel layers with photos on them, … there are type layers with text, … there's an adjustment layer up at the top, … and a background layer at the bottom. … And in a little while, … we're going to add another layer called the shape layer. … But first, let's say that this was a free magazine … and that we needed to put the word free on the cover … down here in the bottom right corner. … It could take the type tool and click down here … to add a new type layer. … But instead, I'm going to take advantage of the fact … that I already have all the text formatting that I need … right here in the layer with the date. … So I'm going to duplicate this layer and then change the text. …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.