Chris Mattia teaches you how to customize and apply multiple layer styles in Photoshop to help your text and graphics look their best in your next teaching and learning asset.
- [Narrator] We're still working on…our text layer for our unit banners,…and we need to help add some separation…from the background for this text.…A great way to do that is to add a custom layer style…by first selecting the text layer that you want to apply…the style to, then down in the bottom of the layers panel,…click the effects button, and then select a style to apply.…Let's start with one of the most common styles:…the drop shadow, here at the bottom of the list.…Now, when you apply a style in Photoshop,…a whole new window opens with a lot…of layer styles listed over here on the left,…and the properties are all listed here on the right.…
Now, some of these options are likely…already familiar to you from other programs,…such as the angle that the drop shadow is going to cast at,…the distance the shadow will separate away…from the text, the spread of the shadow,…the overall size that the drop shadow is creating,…and even the opacity of the shadow.…But in Photoshop, you can control other parameters, as well,…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.