Using layers styles allows you to apply all kinds of formatting to objects in your Photoshop documents with just one click. This allows you to be very efficient and very creative at the same time. In this video, Mike Rankin shows how to apply layer styles to live text, customize the appearance of layer styles, and create new layer styles.
- [Narrator] Using layer styles allows you … to apply all kinds of formatting to objects … in your Photoshop documents with just one click. … So you can be very efficient … and very creative at the same time. … So, let's see how layer styles work. … Here in our exercise file we have some live text … and we can add some visual interest by adding effects … from the pop up menu at the bottom of the layers panel. … With things like bevel and emboss, … stroke, drop shadow and so on. … But we can do it even quicker with … the help of a layer style. … First, I'll make sure that the type layer … is targeted in the layers panel. … And then I'll open the styles panel from the window menu. … Right now it contains the default styles … displayed as thumbnails and if you hover you cursor … over each one, you can see its name. … Or go to the panel menu and choose list … and I'll choose large list … and open up the panel a bit. … Now I can always see the names of my styles … and to apply one to the text, I'll just click it. …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.