Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Using layer mask effects, part of Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy: Volume 2.
- Those layer masks can create all kinds of illusions,…and in this particular case, they're gonna create…the see-through of these windshields.…See, right now there's a windshield,…but you don't see that red car behind it.…Here's a green car, you don't see the white one behind it.…And then, look, we had a whole Italian street…back there, we don't see it through these cars.…So what we need to do is to go in there…and create a mask that's gonna allow us…to see through the windshields.…So what I'll do is I'm gonna come in real close…on the white car here in the middle,…and with my Magic Wand selected,…I'll go in there, make sure I'm in the white car,…I'm gonna click on that white area of the windshield.…
I'm gonna Shift-click in the area…below the steering wheel there, over here,…that little guy right in there, and here.…Okay, so what I'm gonna do is give this a mask.…Now, if I give it a mask, it's gonna totally…just show those areas, so let me…undo that, let me deselect that.…Let me create the mask beforehand, and then…
Need to brush up on concepts like perspective and light? Watch the first installment of Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy here.
- Creating custom materials
- Creating cork, marble, chrome, and glass materials
- Reusing and repurposing layers
- Using layer masks and layer-mask effects
- Using alpha channels