Mike Rankin shows how to manage layers efficiently by organizing them in layer groups. In complex projects, layer groups can help you find and use the right layer much faster. They can also help someone else who might have to use your file to understand how the composition was built.
- [Instructor] In this movie we'll … continuing our look at managing layers … by working with layer groups. … Layer groups are a great tool for keeping … the layers panel organized in complex projects. … They can help you find and use the right … layer much faster in some cases. … And they can help someone else who … might have to use your file understand … how the composition was built. … Layer groups are indicated in the layers panel … by a folder icon. … So in our magazine cover we can see … that there's already a layer group … here called Headings. … And inside it are the four type layers … that make up the article headings. … I can toggle the visibility of all four layers … with onc click. … And I can drag them all up or down … in the stacking order because they're … in a group. … And I can close up the display … to make for a panel where it's easier … to find things. … So let's make another layer group … from our cover images. … I'll Shift click to select the three of them. … And then I can either press the keyboard …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.