Mike Rankin shows what you need to know about using grids and guides for the Photoshop ACA exam. He demonstrates how to create and remove guides, how to set up a grid, how to lock guides, clear guides, and use preferences to control the appearance of guides and grids.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at what you need to know … about using grids and guides for the Photoshop ACA exam. … And we'll start with guides. … To create a guide, I'll make sure that rulers are showing … by choosing View, Rulers. … And I can drag out from either ruler to create a guide. … It doesn't matter what tool you currently have, … dragging from the ruler will always create a guide. … Holding the Shift key as you drag … will make the guide snap to ruler units. … To remove a guide, just drag it back to the ruler … with the Move tool. … Double-clicking a guide with the Move tool … will bring up Guide Preferences … which are located under Guides, Grid & Slices. … Here you can change the color of guides … if they're hard to see on a particular image. … So, for example, I'll change from cyan to magenta. … And you can see that color update right away. … And you can also change the style here, … going from solid to dashed. … I'll leave mine on solid. … Also notice that we have separate settings …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.