Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Digital Painting: Street Scene.
- View Offline
If you are a Premium member of the lynda.com Online Training Library, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this title. The exercise files are in the Exercise Files folder, which I have placed on the desktop. You can store them wherever you like. There are files for most chapters. They reside in subfolders named according to the chapters. It is not necessary for you to use these files. You can use files of your own in place of them. If you are a Monthly or Annual subscriber to lynda.com, you don't have access to the exercise files, but you can follow along with your own work.
Let's get started.
- Understanding that resolution is in the brush strokes
- Understanding the subject
- Removing lens distortions
- Using the traditional paint color swatch set
- Making shadow and highlight adjustments
- Simplifying details with filters and Smart Blur
- Cloning layers
- Using custom actions
- Working with canvas texture
- Creating physical surface texture effects