Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Photoshop CS5: Landscape Photography.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
If you are a premium subscriber to the lynda Online Training Library, you have…access to the accompanying exercise files.…A good way to handle these is to download them to a folder on your desktop, like I have here.…You will find a separate subfolder for each chapter.…Whenever you see me open a new file in a movie, and there is an accompanying…exercise file available for that movie, you will see a yellow overlay on your…screen, which indicates the location of that file.…There are two ways you can go through this course.…You can follow in sequence, and when you do that, you will be ensured that as you…move through an image as it progresses through each lesson, you will always have…the most up-to-date version.…
But if you want to jump in in the middle and go in a nonlinear fashion, then…you need to be sure that within the chapter folder you open the appropriate subfolder.…So, for example, if you're doing the Basic Tonal Correction lesson in Chapter…02, you want to use this file.…We only have subfolders for lessons that involve raw files, and this has to do…
- Getting the shot: landscape-specific shooting tips and tricks
- Choosing the right equipment
- Cropping and straightening images
- Making localized color and tonal adjustments
- Reducing noise
- Guiding the viewer’s eye with localized adjustments
- Adding a vignette
- Using gradient masks to create seamless edits
- Approaching adjustments like a painter–thinking in light and shadow
- HDR imaging
- Creating panoramas: shooting and post-processing techniques
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 for Photographers: Camera Raw 6with Chris Orwig6h 28m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Photography: Exposurewith Ben Long3h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Performing Basic Edits in Camera Raw
3. Localized Editing and Color Correction in Camera Raw
4. Final Steps in Camera Raw
5. Performing Additional Edits in Photoshop
7. HDR Imaging
8. Converting to Black and White
Black-and-white conversion7m 13s
9. Putting It All Together and Thinking Like a Painter
10. Outputting Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.