Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Modular UX Design with Photoshop.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files, you can follow along with the same project I'll have on the screen. The folders are structured with each chapter broken out into individual video folders. Inside of the video folder is the current state of the project at the start of this video. Since we'll be working with externally-linked files from individual PSD's, as you open them up, you may encounter errors where some of the files may not be linked correctly.
Each folder has an externals file folder which contains the relevant files. If you run into a problem, simply look at the file that's missing or has a broken link and navigate to that project's folder, external files folder, and pick the file from the correct folder.
- Creating Smart Objects in Photoshop
- Keeping Smart Objects up to date
- Preparing elements for reuse
- Creating a style sheet
- Creating a PSD template
- Reusing Smart Objects across PSDs
- Using layer comps