Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Advanced Photoshop: Lookup Tables and Gradient Maps.
- To help bring these techniques to life I've put together a collection of exercise files to help you explore these techniques hands on. If you have access to them feel free to download that at the start here so you can follow along. Now this is a collection of images from some of my personal collection as well as from clients so you're free to use them for educational use. What I request however, is that you do not put these images into any other productions. Don't use these for a project. Please don't post them online. Solely use them for educational use. You'll also find some links to free lookup tables that you can use, and any of the LUTs or gradient maps that you find in the folder you are free to put into your collection and use those however you see fit.
Alright, get those files downloaded, or grab some of your own footage and stills and let's begin.
In this course, Rich Harrington demystifies lookup tables (LUTs) and shows how to use them with Photoshop, Lightroom, and other Adobe CC applications. He also shows how to use gradient maps—where tints are based on the luminance values in the image—to add creative color and noise to images, and how to organize, store, and share these assets with other Creative Cloud programs and other photo and video professionals.
- Understanding the role of LUTS
- Working with LUTs and Looks in Premiere Pro
- Creating custom LUTs
- Cross-application workflows
- Managing your LUT library and presets