Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Creating Commercial Illustrations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- If you are a Premium member of lynda.com, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this title. Now here's the way they work. In the folder for the exercise files, you'll see that the different chapters are in there. Opening up one of those chapters, you'll see all the different movies that make up that chapter. So, we'll go into, let's say, "04". Now, what you are seeing here is the last step. Whatever we did in "03", where we left off, that's where you pick up on "04", so then you can continue and you can see that in the little icon there that the image is starting to build up itself.
I have also provided all the finals for that chapter. Now, these are just purely for your own reference, but there you'll see the end results, like "15" will have the "bulb", that's the last movie, and that's for the cover...well, there it is. There's the final pieces all the way through, so you can go in there and study how this all works. Now, if you are a monthly member or an annual member of lynda.com, you don't have access to these exercise files, but you can follow along from scratch with your own assets.
But even if you are a Premium and have access to these files, I strongly suggest that you use your own assets. It gives you a better understanding working with your own files of how to put it all together, and eventually you're not going to be doing these exercises, you're going to be actually doing work for yourself or for a client, and you'll have to work with your own assets, so it's the best way to learn is to really use your own stuff. So now, let's have some fun learning, and let's get started.
- Creating a lamp
- Adding realistic lighting
- Adding a wood texture to flooring
- Creating metal grills, bolts, and buttons
- Creating a cutaway view
- Adding shadows and reflections to glass
- Colorizing artwork
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)with Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
Technical Illustration: Creating a Cutawaywith Brad Neal1h 41m Intermediate
1. Magazine Cover
2. Temperature Control Unit
3. Nail Polish Bottle
4. Eye Shadow Compact
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.