Join Timothy Sexton for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Photoshop Retouching Techniques: Beauty Portraits.
- View Offline
Next, Timothy delves into several core aspects of retouching—skin, hair, clothing, and body shaping—providing real-world insights and Adobe Photoshop techniques. The course describes ways to enhance eyes and lips, selectively sharpen portions of a photo to draw attention to them, use masks to change the color of clothing, and more. The course concludes with details on how to evaluate your work.
- Working on color, contrast, and tone
- Managing layers
- Removing imperfections with the Clone Stamp and Quick Mask tools
- Using soft and hard brushes to clean up hair
- Refining the eyes and brows
- Plumping lips with Liquify
- Finalizing the color
- Finishing with Dodge and Burn