Mike Rankin shows the elements of the Photoshop interface, including the document window, Options bar, menus, panels, and tools that you need to be familiar with for the Photoshop ACA exam.
[Instructor] The ACA exam includes many questions … where you have to demonstrate your ability … to use Photoshop's features and controls. … So, let's do a quick tour of the user interface starting … at the top of the screen with the menus. … And just so most of the commands here aren't grayed out, … I'll just make a quick selection … by pressing command or control A. … Here in the Mac, … the Photoshop menu is where you can access preferences. … On Windows, preferences can be accessed … through the edit menu. … The File menu is where you find commands … for opening and closing documents, … importing and exporting, as well as printing. … Edit is where you find common commands … like cut, copy and paste, fill and stroke, … transform, as well as the color management commands. … Image is where you can go … to change the color mode of an image … and you can also apply adjustments … and change the image size and the canvas size. … Layer is naturally where you'll find all the commands … for working with layers and likewise, …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.