Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Using coloring layers, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- So far we only have used grayscales…to add shading to our drawing.…But now we want to introduce real color,…and in order to do that we will use a special technique.…And for that we add a new Layer above…our grayscale shading Layers.…I will begin with the background here.…And we can set the Blend Mode of this Layer to Color.…Now if I take a color and paint in this new Layer,…I will not cover up the Layer below but the color…in my Layer is used to tint the grayscales.…
And to make sure that this color…only shows up on my shaded Layer…I can group the two.…And now the color Layer is grouped…under the shading Layer and I can work freely in it.…I will now change over to the figure.…And again I'm creating a new Layer above the shading Layer.…I set the Layer Mode to Color.…
And I also want to group it directly,…so that I can start working…on the colors and the figure.…And now for the space suit,…I think it is more or less white,…but I will use a slight brown,…to make it look a little bit dirty.…Now I still need to decide what color to use on the goggles.…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.