Mike Rankin offers a look at some of the resources built into Photoshop, like brushes, shapes, and patterns. He shows how to work with the brush preset picker, custom shape tool and shape libraries, and how to load patterns.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we'll take a look at … some of the resources built into Photoshop, … like brushes, shapes, and patterns. … Being able to work with brushes … is a very important skill to have in Photoshop … because so many of the tools use brushes. … Of course, the painting tools do, … but also retouching tools, like the healing brush, … and the clone stamp tool, as well as the history brushes, … the eraser, dodge, burn, and sponge, … and other features like Quick Mask and Select in Mask. … Now if I take the brush tool, … in the Options bar, I can access the brush preset picker, … as well as the Brush Settings panel, … and controls like Mode and Opacity, … Flow, Smoothing, and Symmetry. … In the brush preset picker, … I can see the brushes that come with Photoshop. … And they're organized into these folders by type. … Let's look in the General Brushes. … I'll expand this so we can see more. … And there's a slider to adjust the size of the preview. … And here we have a handful of soft and round brushes. …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.