Do you want to get really creative when working with adjustment layers in Adobe Photoshop? Mixing a Hue/Saturation layer with blending modes unlocks all sorts of options. Now you can make tone and color adjustments based upon the saturation values. Join author Richard Harrington as he demonstrates how to combine blend modes with Hue/Saturation.
- If you'd like to get really creative,…the use of blending modes,…plus a hue/saturation adjustment layer,…unlocks all sorts of options.…Now we can make adjustments to tone and color…based upon the saturation values.…By using a vibrance or a saturation adjustment,…and changing its mode,…entirely new adjustments are possible.…Normally these would require advanced selections and masks…but with a little bit of trickery,…we can fix all sorts of problems…without having to spend the time…to make a complex selection.…
Let's take a look here…at adjustments layers and blending modes.…Now you're welcome to start with the image…that's totally on its own…but I've already set something up here…that should help you learn the process…and then you can experiment on your own.…What you'll see here is…that I've added an HSL adjustment layer.…And in this case, saturation's been cranked all the way up.…Now if this were in normal mode, it would be really intense…but by using a blending mode like Darken,…you see that it just affects the colors differently…
- Adjustment layer basics
- Improving color and contrast with Auto Curves and Auto Levels
- Creating custom black-and-white effects
- Using a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to recolor artwork
- Expert color grading with color lookup tables
- Using gradient maps
- Making nondestructive adjustments with Smart Objects and stack modes
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop: Filters for Photographywith Chris Orwig1h 36m Advanced
1. Adjustment Layer Essentials
2. The Hidden Power of Auto
3. Beyond Black and White
5. Expert Color Grading with Color Lookup Tables
6. Gradient Maps
7. Smart Objects
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.