One of the most overlooked aspects of Adobe Photoshop is the advanced blending options. These are typically hidden, but you can unlock them by opening up the layer properties. You can access much more advanced features that target what areas of the image are blended. Learn about these advanced features in this video.
- One of the most overlooked options…is the Advanced Blending Options.…These are typically hidden.…But you can unlock these by opening up the layer properties.…Once opened, you will find the ability to…change how layers are blended.…Not just blending modes,…but the ability to target things…based upon color or luminosity.…And details in one layer on top or the layer below.…This lets you do your own custom blend.…And that really means tremendous power.…Now, these are a bit tricky and experimental.…
So take your time and explore all of the options.…Now, you're probably used to working here…and seeing that as you start to add changes,…the adjustment layer effects things.…In fact, an Auto Curves adjustment really helped.…If you Option or Alt click on the word Auto,…you'll see the ability to choose things like…Enhance Per Channel Contrast and Snap Neutral Midtones.…Well, that's a great adjustment to really make an image pop…and make sure that the color in each channel comes through.…
You'll see here that the curve is separate…
- Adjustment layer basics
- Improving color and contrast with Auto Curves and Auto Levels
- Creating custom black-and-white effects
- Using a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to recolor artwork
- Expert color grading with color lookup tables
- Using gradient maps
- Making nondestructive adjustments with Smart Objects and stack modes
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop: Filters for Photographywith Chris Orwig1h 36m Advanced
1. Adjustment Layer Essentials
2. The Hidden Power of Auto
3. Beyond Black and White
5. Expert Color Grading with Color Lookup Tables
6. Gradient Maps
7. Smart Objects
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.