Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Using a Wacom tablet, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Welcome. If you're interested in taking your retouching skills to the next level, I recommend you look into getting a Wacom tablet. You know a Wacom tablet is so immensely helpful because what it allows me to do is to make some retouching edits with pressure sensitivity. It allows me to kind of connect my retouching, make my retouching seamless so it's not noticeable. And that's really important with retouching when you really think about it. I don't want someone to look at an image and say, "Wow! That's retouched so well." I want them to say, "Wow, that's a compelling image." So the Wacom tablet does that for me. Again that pressure sensitivity really helps me make some edits that are stunning, that are beautiful, that are seamless. The other thing that's interesting is that by using a Wacom Tablet, I'm thinking a little bit differently. My posture's a little bit different, its's a little more open. I'm also thinking a little bit more artistically because I'm drawing and somehow I like that and somehow that leads to better results.
So what I recommend is that you put a Wacom tablet on your wish list. If you can't afford one right now, no big deal. Get one in the future. Get it in a year or two years, but definitely look into getting one because it will help you by leaps and bounds.
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.