Chris Mattia teaches you the basics of creating and using Smart Objects in Photoshop so you can make changes in one place and have that change reflected in many of your teaching and learning assets.
- [Instructor] Now that we have our art boards established,…let's place some images.…Now there are multiple ways that you can…bring an image into a Photoshop file.…If you already have an image open in another tab,…you can jump a layer directly into your other…Photoshop file, and if the layer that you want…to jump is not a locked background layer,…then you can jump it straight to a specific art board.…Now let's click the lock icon here on this…background layer to convert this into a regular layer,…then we'll option or alt drag that layer…down onto the new layer page icon to duplicate it.…
We can rename the layer,…we'll call this coral.…Then for destination, we can tell Photoshop…to send it directly to our Banner Template.psd file.…Photoshop then reads the listing…of all the art boards, and it gives us…a listing of all those right here.…Let's send this to our 1200 by 600 art board and click OK.…Now when we jump back to our banner template,…I'll press command zero to recenter the image.…Our image has been placed on the correct art board,…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.