Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Patch, Clone, and Heal for the best results, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] With this photograph,…I want to round off our conversation…about removing graphics or logos.…Here, we'll take a look at how we can work…with the Patch tool, the Clone Stamp tool,…and the Healing Brush together to achieve the best result.…Now, for this project,…we are going to remove the logo on the surfboard here…that Kelly Slater's holding in front of him,…and also the graphic on his t-shirt, or the logo there.…To do that, we'll create a new layer,…so let's click on the new layer icon…and I'll double click the layer name…and call this one Patch.…The reason why I'm creating a blank layer…is because we are going to use the Patch tool…and talk about how we can use this with Content Aware.…
So, select the Patch tool,…then, in the options bar, choose Content Aware.…When you're using Content Aware,…you can click on the option to Sample All Layers,…which allows you to do the retouching above.…What I want to highlight here is how with Content Aware…we can change our Structure value.…Let me show you how this works.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.