Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Iris Blur with the Bokeh effect, part of Photoshop for Designers: Filters.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Here's we're going to use the Iris Blur filter in combination with the Bokeh …light effects to create these blurred disks of lights that we have in the foreground. …If we take a look at the starting point, this is how the image looks. …As always, I will convert to a smart object, and then come to my Iris Blur. …And I'm going to move the pin over Saint Paul's Cathedral. …Adjust the shape of it. And reposition it right here.…
And then that top pin right there, I'm going to move that, and that one alone up higher. …So I'm going to hold down the Option or Alt key when I do that, just to make sure …that we include the spire. Then I'm going to set the blurring to 44. …And now what I want to do is to introduce some Bokeh, or "bo-kay", however it's pronounced. …As I move this slider up, you can see that those lights in the foreground turn …to abstract discs of light. That seems about the right value there.…
Optionally, I can also change the color, but if I go too far with the light, you …can see that they just get a little bit too hot. …
- Understanding the importance of Smart Filters
- Sharpening with filters
- Creative use of filter blend modes
- Painting in the effect of a filter using filter masks
- Combining filters
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Sharpening: What Every Designer Needs to Know
3. Blurring for Effect
4. Artistic Filters
5. Brush Strokes Filters
6. Working with the Distort Filters
7. Effective Use of the Pixelate Filters
8. Using the Render Filters
9. Creative Use of the Sketch Filters
10. Working with the Stylize Filters
11. Using the Texture Filters
13. Applying Camera Raw as a Filter
12. Creative Use of the "Big" Filters
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.