Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Healing Brush for consistent results, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- In this movie,…I want to briefly talk about how we can…improve the skin by using the healing brush,…and I also want to talk about the topic of…consistency between multiple photographs.…So here you can see, I have two photographs I have taken,…they're both of the same person.…And let's say that we begin over here on this image…and we create a new layer.…We'll go ahead and name this layer "Skin"…Next, we decide that we want to remove the mole…which is right next to the nose.…So I zoom in on the image,…and great tool to do that is the Healing Brush.…
Not the Spot Healing Brush, and the reason is that…it's too close to an important area of the nose…that needs to be noticeable.…So with the Healing Brush,…you want to make sure you're sampling all layers.…You want to use a nice, small brush here.…So I'm going to make sure my brush is nice and small.…And then next, I have a diffusion value…which is the softness of the edge.…We can either have higher or lower.…I'm going to have it right in the middle.…Next step, hold down the option key on Mac,…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.