Join Emily Kay for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Generator, part of Photoshop for Web Design.
- [Instructor] You can easily generate image assets…from your website design comps.…Here, we'll be looking at the Generate feature in Photoshop,…which allows you to quickly and easily…create properly sized and optimized graphics.…With Adobe Generator, Photoshop automatically creates…separate, perfectly cropped, optimized,…and transparent graphics from your layered PSD files.…This built-in intelligence lets you work…with your design composition as you normally would,…while Generator creates image assets in the background.…
All you need to do is add an extension to a layer name,…and Generator's going to automatically save…that layer in that particular format.…If you change that layer, for example,…you alter the color, you add an image adjustment,…then Photoshop is going to instantly update the saved file.…Layer names are the key.…In the file that I'm working with,…I have several layer sets, and each one…contains a different version of my banner.…I'm going to go to banner four, and I'm going to change…the name of the file to banner4.jpg.…
- Setting up workspaces and artboards
- Using libraries
- Responsive design tips and tricks
- Setting breakpoints
- Creating navigation elements
- Creating textures and backgrounds
- Embedding or linking smart objects
- Making custom templates
- Creating reusable UI elements
- Saving and exporting for the web
- Using Generator
Skill Level Intermediate
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Set Up Your Project
2. Design Responsively
5. Image Considerations
6. Export Assets for Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.