In this video, learn how to set up a shortcut for faster access to the Color Picker.
- [Narrator] Being inside the color picker window, … when we have found our new color, … we confirm it by hitting the OK button. … And now, the foreground color is changed … to our new color, … and any color application tool will use our new color. … And if we want to change it, … again we click on the foreground color swatch, … change our color. … Confirm with OK. … And apply our new color. … And this repeats as often as we need … to choose a new color. … This can actually become a little bit cumbersome … always having to go all the way to the left side … and clicking this color swatch here. … What I would suggest is … to set up a keyboard shortcut to do the same. … And this is not a default setting, … so I want to show you how you do it. … Under edit, keyboard shortcuts. … We make sure here in the shortcuts for menu, … we choose tools. … Now we can scroll almost all the way down … until we find the foreground color picker. … I click the entry, and I can now set a shortcut. … And I want to have a very intuitive shortcut …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.