Do you need to select an area in your image in Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 based on skin tones? You can with the Color Range command. What do you need to do to use the Color Range command? In this video, Richard Harrington demonstrates how to use the Color Range command in Photoshop to select an area based on skin tones.
- Another nice effect with the color range command…is the ability to specifically target skin tones,…and in fact, toss in facial recognition…to limit it even further.…Let's open up two images here from Adobe Bridge,…and you'll see that with a targeted adjustment,…we can make a slight change to the image.…Here's the vibrance adjustment to the skin,…subtle, but works quite well.…Let's close that one, and with the image selected,…Ill choose, select color range.…
From the select menu I'll choose, skin tones.…And you'll notice that we can even use…the detect faces option so that it…doesn't go after the hair as much.…Now, with the Fuzziness slider, you can dial this in.…I find that I'll generally make an adjustment in that range.…And, click okay.…Consider a little bit of feathering as well,…to soften the edge.…Now we can adjust the vibrance and saturation sliders…to really refine the skin tones.…
That looks good.…While I'm at it, I'm going to go after the teeth here.…So lets zoom in,…and the teeth are looking a little bit yellow.…
- What are selections?
- Creating masks from selections
- Moving a selection
- Selecting with the Quick Selection tool
- Transforming a selection
- Using the Refine Edge command
- Selecting a color or tonal range throughout the image
- Making a selection with the Pen tool
- Saving a selection as an alpha channel
- Creating a selection from multiple channels with the Calculations command
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Selections?
2. Getting Started with Selection Tools
3. The Wand Tools
4. Refining a Selection
5. Power User Techniques
6. Creating Selections with Channels
What are channels?3m 43s
7. Face-Aware Liquify
Final thoughts1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.