Mike Rankin shows some of the basics of using the Camera Raw features that you should know for the Photoshop ACA exam. He explains the benefits of working with RAW images, the DNG file format, and demonstrates controls like white balance, vibrance, clarity, shadows, highlights, and lens correction.
- [Instructor] Let's go over some of the basics … of using the Camera Raw features … that you should know for the Photoshop ACA exam. … The exercise file for this movie … was saved in the Digital Negative format … with the file extension DNG. … This is a format developed by Adobe … for saving raw image files. … Raw files also come in many other formats … developed by the makers of various digital camera. … And before we get into working with … the Camera Raw features, … let's back up a bit and go over … exactly what raw images are. … Raw images contain the unprocessed image data … that was captured by the camera sensor … when the photographer pressed the shutter button. … In terms of file size, raw images … are much larger than JPEG, … but that's because they preserve more information … and give you more options for editing the image … without a loss of quality. … So, you can get better color and detail in the final result … than when you process JPEGs. … Now here in the Camera Raw dialog box …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.