Receive an overview of the third-party plugin, Topaz Texture Effects 2.
- [Narrator] Topaz Texture Effects is a collection…of third-party filters available from Topaz Labs.…It works as a plugin within Photoshop…and offers a range of different texture options…with a good degree of customization.…Here's one result I achieved.…I'm going to show you how I got to this state.…I'm going to switch to my starting image.…
As I have been doing throughout this course,…I will convert my layer to a smart object.…Right click to the right of its name,…convert to smart object.…Then come to the filter menu down to Topaz Labs,…if of course you have it installed.…There is a trial version available on their website.…The first thing I'm going to do…is just reset this to our starting position.…
I can experiment with a number of predefined effects,…and I can get to those if I come and click on…this left-pointing chevron and just scroll down…and choose any one of these that happens to appeal to me.…Or, let me now go to the view menu and return…to see the adjustments that combine to make the effect.…I could, if I wanted to, customize this predefined effect.…
- Sourcing textures
- Add texture with blend modes, masks, and overlays
- Creating texture brushes
- Applying texture with filters
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Shapeswith Nigel French1h 24m Intermediate
1. Apply Texture with Blend Modes, Layer Masks, and Clipping Masks
2. Apply Texture with Brushes
3. Apply Texture with Filters
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.