Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Use Channels, Masks, Layers, and Properties panels, part of Customize Photoshop: A Practical Approach.
- [Voiceover] Alright, in this segment of the course,…I'd like to step up our game of customization…even more and let's talk about a little bit more…complicated type of adjustment,…that is, working with masks and doing adjustments…of specific portions of images by using masks.…We're going to talk about a couple of different things.…One, is yeah, we're gonna customize some tools…and some panels, but also I want to talk about…customizing your approach to doing something.…Alright.…So here we have a early morning hike with a misty background…and a hideout ridge.…There's my GF in the middle ground there…and challenge here would be to, let's select the…mist and edit that separately and of course,…we could do the ridgeline separately as well…but we'll just do the mist.…
To get us started, I've gone ahead and created…a selection using Magic Wand tool and save that…selection as an alpha channel mask as you see here.…First thing I wanna teach you is,…when you wanna load a selection to get started…that you've created, old school, right select,…
But if you're like many people, you're so busy using Photoshop that you don't have time to customize it. That's where this course comes in. Photographer and educator Taz Tally presents a practical approach to customizing Photoshop. Set aside a few minutes each day, watch a chapter, and work its insights into your Photoshop routine to help you work faster and smarter, allowing you to devote more time to your creative endeavors. By the end of the course, you'll be on your way to transforming your Photoshop experience—and you won't have missed any deadlines.
- Creating custom workspaces
- Building your own keyboard shortcuts
- Customizing views, tools, and options
- Adjusting import and export options
- Customizing panels: Layers, Adjustments, Histogram, and more
- Managing and synchronizing color settings
- Setting up soft and hard proofing
- Customizing print settings
- Creating Photoshop actions
- Using the Image Processor and actions together to automate exports