- View Offline
- Selecting and extracting images from their backgrounds
- Building design compositions with layers
- Adding effects with layer styles and blend modes
- Using, formatting, and stylizing type in your design
- Painting with the Brush tool
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Basic masking techniques for creating quality compositions
- Saving your designs for print and the web
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Hi, I'm Deke McClelland. Welcome to Photoshop for Design. Now, many folks regard Photoshop as a photography program, which, of course, it is, but about half the people who use Photoshop identify themselves as graphic artists and designers. And it's no surprise. Armed with Photoshop's wide array of filters and effects, you can take the ordinary world and turn it into something quite extraordinary. The purpose of these movies is to introduce you to Photoshop in the shortest time possible.
I make no attempt to cover every feature in the software, in fact, far from it. Instead, we'll focus our attentions on the features you need to create photo realistic artwork and designs. Specifically, I'll show you how to make the most of such acclaimed features as layers, filters, and blend modes. I'll show you how to integrate text and vectors into your artwork, and I'll show you how to select an image captured against one background and set it against another.
Note that I assume no prior knowledge. If you know a thing or two about Photoshop, great, but if not, no problem. And if you've ever wanted to combine art with imagery but you weren't even sure what questions to ask, this is the place to start. Now, in the end, if you want to learn more, I'll point you in a couple of directions. In the meantime, allow me to introduce you to Photoshop for Design.