Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Photography and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We are honored to host these tutorials in the lynda.com library.
- Loading actions
- Creating a custom action
- Assigning keyboard shortcuts to actions
- Creating a droplet for an action
- Performing quick lens corrections
- Automating merging to HDR Pro
- Creating event-based scripts
- Working with layers more efficiently with actions
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, my name's Rich Harrington. And welcome to this course on using actions and automation with Adobe Photoshop. We're going to explore lots of different techniques that are all about saving time and getting the job done faster. Photoshop ships with a ton of technology. Scripts, automation commands, actions, and if you know how to use these, you can get common tasks done a whole lot faster. Now the cool thing here is it doesn't matter if you're a production artist or high end designer, a video pro or a medical imaging technician.
Lots of times you're going to have images that have similar problems that need to be fixed. The cool thing is by saving your work and storing it as an action or taking advantage of some of the built-in automation commands, you can get a lot more done more quickly. And this is just going to free you up to have more time to do the things you enjoy, besides digital imaging. With that in mind, let's jump in and explore what you need to know.