Up and Running with Photoshop Automation
Have you ever wished there was a faster way to perform routine tasks in Adobe Photoshop and Bridge? Recover time for more creative work and speed up your Photoshop workflow by automating Photoshop using actions and batch processing. Author Rich Harrington covers everyday batch-processing tasks, such as cropping and straightening a catalog of images to predefined dimensions, batch renaming files, and exporting creative assets like contact sheets and web galleries.
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We are honored to host these tutorials in the lynda.com library.
- Loading actions
- Creating a custom action
- Assigning keyboard shortcuts to actions
- Creating a droplet for an action
- Performing quick lens corrections
- Automating merging to HDR Pro
- Creating event-based scripts
- Working with layers more efficiently with actions
- Hi, my name's Rich Harrington. And welcome to this course on using actions and automation with Adobe Photoshop. We're going to explore lots of different techniques that are all about saving time and getting the job done faster. Photoshop ships with a ton of technology. Scripts, automation commands, actions, and if you know how to use these, you can get common tasks done a whole lot faster. Now the cool thing here is it doesn't matter if you're a production artist or high end designer, a video pro or a medical imaging technician.
Lots of times you're going to have images that have similar problems that need to be fixed. The cool thing is by saving your work and storing it as an action or taking advantage of some of the built-in automation commands, you can get a lot more done more quickly. And this is just going to free you up to have more time to do the things you enjoy, besides digital imaging. With that in mind, let's jump in and explore what you need to know.
Portrait Project: Changing a Sky Background50,097 Views
Portrait Project: Changing a Background for Dramatic Effect54,475 Views
Photoshop for Photographers: Lighting Effects158,759 Views
Photoshop for Photographers: Color Emphasis79,894 Views
Photoshop Masking and Compositing: Advanced Blending305,051 Views
Deke's Techniques1,560,305 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)2,393,600 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,780,276 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,292,538 Views
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced664,677 Views