Mike Rankin reviews the typographic principles you should be familiar with for the Photoshop ACA exam. These include the definition of typography, readability vs. legibility, typeface vs. font, type style, leading, hyphenation, kerning, and tracking.
- [Instructor] In this movie, … we'll take a look at key points about typography … and its use in digital images. … Let's start by defining typography. … Typography is the art of formatting … and arranging type in print and on screen. … So typography is something you can study … to learn the history and methods of, … and the term typography is also something … that can refer to the actual appearance of type. … So you can say something like the typography … in that book was exquisite. … Graphic designers use typography to make text readable, … attractive, and appropriate in the context … of the rest of the design that they're creating. … And they use several different techniques … to achieve these goals. … First, designers choose a typeface. … And let's get clear right now … the difference between a typeface and a font. … The term typeface refers to the design … of a set of characters. … The term font refers to the digital file on your computer. … So Helvetica is a typeface. … Helvetica Light Oblique is a font. …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.