Join Ian Robinson for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding masks and compositing, part of Artistic Video with Photoshop (2012).
One of the ways that you'll create animation inside of Photoshop is using Masks.…Now again, in this video we're going to cover Masks in broad strokes.…So definitely, if you find this interesting, jump to the Mask chapter and check out …what we've been doing.…Masks in Photoshop are used to hide or reveal certain areas of an image and…we'll constantly use this to our advantage as we create motion graphics inside of Photoshop.…To show you what I'm talking about, let's look at the two main kinds of Masks…that we'll be using.…
The first kind of mask is called a Layer Mask.…And if we go to this layer down here that says Window in our Layer's panel, …if I turn the transparency off and on you can see that this layer is actually…creating the color that's inside of the number 5.…Now the way this works, if you hold down Alt on Windows or Option on the Mac and…click in this window you'll see this white area is what's actually revealing…what's over here on the left side.…
The way Masks work, you have the Mask which determines transparency and then you…
With this course, existing Photoshop enthusiasts can expand their skills to learn a new discipline while staying in the application they already know and love. Video editors will see how to fix footage issues like lens distortion and chromatic aberration and how to create unique effects with Photoshop filters, brushes, and effects.
- Optimizing Photoshop for video
- Browsing and importing video clips
- Understanding video groups
- Trimming and sliding video
- Applying video transitions
- Using video shortcut keys
- Fixing lens distortion and chromatic aberration
- Creating and animating masks
- Rotoscoping with vector masks
- Stylizing video with filters
- Applying specific color correction with 3D LUTs
- Adding and adjusting keyframes in the timeline
- Creating animated brush strokes
- Animating type
- Exporting video files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Video Editing in Photoshop
3. Correcting and Stylizing Video
Applying styles in practice8m 40s
4. Animating Graphic Elements
5. Creating Masks and Final Composites
6. Finishing, Exporting, and Archiving
What's next?1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.