Join Maxim Jago for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding layers, part of Photoshop CS5 for Video Editors.
The ability to work with layers is one of Photoshop's most powerful features. …And there's such an enormous amount that we could say about layers, that, frankly …you could easily spend a day on it. There's so much that you can do with …combinations of layers, the tools that are available, the effects that you can apply. …And we really could go on for hours and hours. …But I just want to give you an overview in particular of this Layers panel and …the controls that are there. And just a, a sense of what the …relationship is between the different layers that you might have in a document.…
Working with layers rather than just continuously updating a single flat layer …image gives you tremendous creative freedom and flexibility. …It's just pure rock and roll. So I've got an image here which is HD resolution. …This is 1920x1080 pixels. It's a still image, and I've got various …layers on top of it. And this is an asset that I might decide …I'm going to bring into a non-linear editing system to have as a title plate. …
- Color modes, pixel shapes, and interlacing
- Working with prebuilt templates
- Understanding layers
- Using Smart Objects
- The alpha channel
- Working with video in Photoshop
- Using Photoshop documents in video editing applications
- Working with adjustment layers, text, and layer styles
- Color grading controls in Photoshop
- Using Vanishing Point and Photomerge
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Adobe Photoshop
2. Color Modes, Pixel Shapes, and Interlacing
3. Working with Prebuilt Templates
4. Layers and Layer Groups
5. The Alpha Channel
6. Working with Video in Photoshop
7. Using Photoshop Documents in Video Editing Applications
8. Working with Adjustment Layers, Text, and Layer Styles
9. Color Grading Controls in Photoshop
10. Vanishing Point and Photomerge
Merging images5m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.