- Before we dive into the details of editing Curves…and adjusting our images using the Curves Dialog box…and all the various other tools,…let's first make sure that we understand how Curves works.…Let's face it, Curves can be a little bit of a mystery…when you first take a look at Curves and start using it.…First of all, it's a graph,…which can be a little bit intimidating,…and then there's these peaks in the background here,…and how do they interact and what do they do?…If you really want to be able to take advantage of…and exploit the power of Curves,…really going to be helpful to fundamentally understand…conceptually how Curves works.…
Okay, so let's start with the real fundamentals,…and that is when you look at this Curves Dialog box,…it's a graph,…and notice there's a right hand end, a left hand end,…and this is white, and this is black.…This is the highlight end, this is the shadow end,…and there's 256 shades of gray from one end to the other.…Some applications like Lightroom work on zero to 100%.…This works on zero to 256 shades of gray,…
- Using Curves adjustment layers for nondestructive editing
- Setting highlights and shadows
- Making area-specific tonal adjustments
- Using masks to control adjustments
- Adjusting color, brightness, and contrast
- Making quick adjustments
- Fine-tuning your curves
Skill Level Advanced
1. Curve Fundamentals
2. Tone and Simple Color Adjustments with Curves
3. Numeric Color Adjustments with Curves
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.