Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding challenges, part of Creating Icons with Photoshop.
- Throughout this course you're going to run across several movies labeled as Challenges. Challenges are hands-on opportunities for you to practice and master what you're learning during the course. At the beginning of each challenge I'll give you a clear set of objectives. If there are any sample files, I'll show you where to find those, and I'll also give you a rough estimate of how long each challenge took me to complete, as well. When you've completed the challenge, make sure to come back and watch the Solution video. In that solution video I'll show you how I completed the challenge, and give you some insight on my thought process along the way.
Again, Challenges are an opportunity for you to practice what you're learning as we progress through the course, but they're also a chance for you to have some fun. So be sure and try them out.
- Exploring file formats, sizes, perspective, and platform guidelines
- Choosing an icon style
- Creating sketches and assigning color schemes
- Building a grid system for icons
- Redrawing icons with shapes
- Saving icons
- Generating icons for different operating systems