Join Robin Schneider for an in-depth discussion in this video Turning a scanned swatch into a pattern, part 2, part of Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fills.
- [Instructor] The same process works for plaids.…And I scanned one in that's really wonky…so I can show you a few more tricks.…So, first I need to change the background layer to Layer 0.…I'm gonna turn on my rulers and drag out some guides.…So, I always start that way so that…I can get this basically straight.…And we'll drag out a couple in this direction as well.…There we go.…So, first thing I need to do is rotate this a little bit.…So, Command + T, and I'll go ahead…and rotate this a tiny bit.…
And then Right Click, Skew.…And we'll go ahead and try to skew this up.…And we need to skew it over a little bit.…And the other thing that we can do is Warp.…That helps curve things a little bit.…So, I can pull this down, pull some other things up.…I've done about as much as I can do right now…using the Transform menu, but it's still not perfect.…So, what I'm gonna do is go into Liquify…in order to do a little more tweaking.…The problem with Liquify is…I won't be able to see my guides,…so I'm gonna make a new layer…and I'm gonna draw myself some vertical…
- Using and scaling pattern fills
- Making basic patterns
- Turning scanned swatches into a pattern
- Working with textured fabrics or ditsy prints
- Working with other types of repeats
- Preparing your illustration
- Manipulating pattern fills
- Swapping patterns
- Mocking up photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop Retouching: Fashion Editorialwith Timothy Sexton58m 7s Intermediate
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
1. Important Tools to Know
2. Pattern Basics
3. Working with Scanned Fabric Swatches
4. Prepping the Illustration
5. Manipulating Pattern Fills
6. Swapping Patterns
7. Mocking Up Photos
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.