In this video, use the transform function to adjust the shape of any selected element on your digital canvas.
- [Instructor] Using selections to manipulate … the color on our digital cameras becomes … a whole lot more interesting … if we work with transformations. … I have used the lasso tool to create this selection here. … And I've already used the selection to paint in a branch. … I now want to duplicate this branch … and I do that by holding down the control key. … On the Mac, it would be the command key … and combining it with the alt key. … My cursor changes to this double arrow. … And if I click and drag inside my selection, … I can pick up a duplicate of my branch. … And as long as this is selected, … I can go to edit, free transform. … This adds these transform manipulators to my selection. … Now, I can pick one of these handles here … and scale my branch. … No matter what manipulator I pick, … this scaling will be proportional. … When I hold down the shift key and use the manipulators, … I can unproportionally scale my selection. … I can even flip it over to the other side. … If I release the shift key, …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.