In this video, explore the Transfer settings and learn how they affect the opacity of your brush stroke.
- [Instructor] We can control all kinds of aspects … of our brush strokes through the brush settings, … and one of the most important attributes … of our brush stroke is its opacity. … The settings to affect the opacity are found under transfer. … Here we can introduce an opacity jitter … and the flow jitter to our brush stroke. … Let's have a look how our brush stroke looks … without these jitters. … In this case, the foreground color is applied … at 100% opacity. … If we now introduce an opacity jitter, … we will see that our stroke is broken up. … The brush tips receive a random value of opacity … inside of our brush stroke. … The same is true for the flow jitter. … We can see that also here transparency is introduced … into our brush stroke. … The effect is just not as strong … as with the opacity jitter. … At 100%, the flow jitter … and the opacity jitter … behave very much the same. … The flow jitter may be being a little bit smoother. … It's noteworthy that normally opacity … and flow are different values. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.