Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Thinning the body, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] One of the ways that we can…shape, sculpt, or modify our photographs in Photoshop…is with the filter which is called Liquify.…Sometimes we may need to use this filter…because of a camera or photographer error.…Maybe you used a really wide-angle lens…and it created some distortion.…Or maybe you captured a portrait…from an odd angle, or maybe something else,…like in this situation, these two portraits…were captured just one moment after another.…The one in the left, you can see…the subject of the portrait was sitting tall on a stool,…then in the image on the right,…she was leaning forward and she put…her hand on the stool.…
What this did is it made this part of her arm…kind of bulge out.…Let's say we want to use this image,…but we want to fix this part of the image.…How do we do that?…Well here I'll press F to go to full-screen mode,…and then zoom in a little bit.…When it comes to using Liquify,…we can use it as a smart filter…or just as a filter on a separate layer.…So to keep things simple here…in the beginning, let's just copy…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.