Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Thinning the arm, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie, we're going to make a subtle improvement to the arm here.…What we're going to do is select the Marquee Tool and make a selection of this portion of the arm.…If our selection is not big enough initially as mine is, it does not includes the elbow, what I can do is grab the Lasso Tool,…press L on the keyboard and hold on the Shift key and I can add to the selection because I want to add…to the selection this portion of the arm down here, just going to make sure I have nice good background…and then I'll round off the top up here as well.…
I just want to show you the technique for combining the selections, the Marquee Tool,…then the Lasso tool, holding on the Shift key, great!…Now we're going to copy this selection to a new layer and we're going to do that by going to Layer, New, Layer via Copy…or the shortcut there, Command+J on the Mac, Ctrl+J on the PC.…Next, select the Move Tool from the Toolbox and then press the Arrow keys on your keyboard and we're just going to bring this in…and you will notice I'm just bringing it in a little bit here, just look at our before and after, yes it's not perfect,…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.