In this video, learn how to use texture and adjust its settings to give a more natural appearance to your brush strokes.
- [Instructor] When we apply color with the brush tool, … the color normally covers up our digital canvas perfectly. … That gives us a lot of control, … but it also can look a little bit stiff and artificial. … One brush feature that can help us to achieve … a natural result is found under the texture settings … here in the Brush Settings window. … Here we can open up the Pattern Library of Photoshop … by clicking the swatch here, … and any pattern that is stored in Photoshop … can be used as a texture for our brush tool. … I will just keep the checkerboard texture here. … Now, if we use our brush tool, … we can see the texture affecting our brushstroke. … We can adjust the scale of our texture … to find just the right detail of our texture … for our brushstroke. … The way the texture affects our brushstroke … is controlled by the mode that we have chosen and the depth. … In the mode, we choose … the way Photoshop calculates the effect of the texture. … It's just a matter of experimenting here. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.