Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Texture, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- The next feature in the brush window…is the texture option, and what it does…is it adds a texture to our stroke.…You can that this is a simple round brush…but by using a texture, it looks a little bit like…a pastel chalk for example.…So the texture is driven by a graphic…that you can choose here in this little box…and with this little gear icon here…you can browse for more textures.…
Let's, for example, choose "rock patterns."…You are now able to override the existing…textures or to append them.…I want to append the new structures…and now we have a set of nice rock textures over here…which we can use to texture our brush stroke.…We can adjust the scale of the texture.…Keep an eye on the brush stroke preview.…
There you can clearly see the effect…of the texture scaling,…and we can also adjust the brightness…and contrast of our texture,…which also has very interesting effects.…Now, we have some more options…in the lower part here, and some of them…are a little bit complicated to explain,…and honestly, most of it comes down to…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.