- I think it would be useful at this point…to go through a quick overall tour…of the curves adjustment layer…panels, and tools, and capabilities…just to become a little bit more familiar…with them, and as we go through the course,…it won't be the first time that you've seen…some of these tools and capabilities.…First, just a quick review about how we go…ahead and create a curves adjustment layer.…Remember we're going to use the adjustment layers…because they're non-destructive and fully editable.…You could either click on the bottom…of the Layers panel here to choose Curves,…or even more conveniently,…if you have the Adjustments panel up,…just click on the curves icon…to create your curves adjustment layer.…
Of course, what comes up, you see here,…is the curve itself,…which is the input/output curve…as we discussed previously.…You also see the histogram.…Let's just take a minute to discuss that.…This shows us the distribution of data…in the image from highlight,…pure white highlight, 255,…all the way down to shadow at zero…
- Using Curves adjustment layers for nondestructive editing
- Setting highlights and shadows
- Making area-specific tonal adjustments
- Using masks to control adjustments
- Adjusting color, brightness, and contrast
- Making quick adjustments
- Fine-tuning your curves
Skill Level Advanced
1. Curve Fundamentals
2. Tone and Simple Color Adjustments with Curves
3. Numeric Color Adjustments with Curves
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.