Another type of adjustment layer that you need to take advantage of in Adobe Photoshop is the Color Lookup adjustment layer. Color Lookup tables give colors already in an image a new definition as another color. In this video, learn how to use lookup tables (LUTs) to synchronize color across multiple images.
- One of the greatest advantages of lookup tables…is that it makes it simple to apply the same adjustment…to several photos.…Instead of having to record an action or do a lot…of extra work, we can actually take the lookup table,…export it from one image, and apply it to several others.…This makes it very quick to fix multiple problems.…Another thing that you can use a LUT for…is to quickly synchronize several images.…Let's add that adjustment layer here.…And I'm gonna click to load the 3D LUT,…and this time, I'm gonna go back to the exercise file folder…and load the one called Black and White Film Stock…and click Open.…
I like that.…And what I wanna do now is just change that slightly,…and I'll use the soft light overlay mode.…That's good, a nice little bleaching effect…with increased contrast.…Now I can take that layer and just reuse it.…Quickly dragging to other images and dropping.…And as you see, it makes it really easy…to synchronize images and to do this.…Additionally, if you want, you can make this even simpler…
- Adjustment layer basics
- Improving color and contrast with Auto Curves and Auto Levels
- Creating custom black-and-white effects
- Using a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to recolor artwork
- Expert color grading with color lookup tables
- Using gradient maps
- Making nondestructive adjustments with Smart Objects and stack modes
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop: Filters for Photographywith Chris Orwig1h 36m Advanced
1. Adjustment Layer Essentials
2. The Hidden Power of Auto
3. Beyond Black and White
5. Expert Color Grading with Color Lookup Tables
6. Gradient Maps
7. Smart Objects
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.