In this video, use the Symmetry feature to create a symmetrical ornament.
- [Instructor] One particularly fascinating … feature of Photoshop is the symmetry function. … When the brush tool is active, … we find it up here in the Options bar, … below this little button that looks like a butterfly. … If we click it, … we find a list of different symmetry options, … and I'd like to have a look at some of these. … Let's start with the one at the very top. … This adds a symmetry axis to my digital canvas, … and I can pick it up and move it around. … When I'm happy with the placement, … I can confirm it here … with this little check mark button. … Now my symmetry axis is placed. … And when I start drawing next to it, … we see that my stroke is mirrored on this symmetry axis. … That's a lot of fun. … Let's try another symmetry option. … Dual Axis sounds interesting. … Again let's place our symmetry axis here, … and confirm with the check mark. … Yes. … This creates some very interesting effects. … Let's try a third symmetry option. … I want to try the Wavy. … Okay. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.