In this video, discover how the Swatches palette can help you organize your colors.
- [Instructor] Another palette that comes in handy … when working with color is the swatches palette. … We can open it here and window, swatches. … This opens up a palette … where color can be stored in little swatches. … You see that a lot of colors are already stored here, … and we can simply click on one of the swatches … by activating it, and then we can use it … on our digital canvas. … This is a very quick and easy way … to choose colors, especially if you want to make sure … that you are using the same color several times. … If you have a specific color, … let's just create a random choice here in the color palette, … and you want to make sure that you're able to use this color … whenever you want, … you can save it in the swatches. … Just click this little document icon here at the bottom, … and you will be prompted to give it a name. … Call it My Color, … and I hit okay. … And now my new color is added here to my swatches palette, … and the tool tip will even give me the name of that color. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.