Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Swatches palette, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- There's another palette window…that is very useful for our work…with color and we find it under…Window Swatches.…This opens up a nice little library…of color swatches and we can pick…any swatch here and use the color…directly on our canvas.…We even get a little color history…here in the top portion of the window…and we can see which colors we used…here and we can even go back…to a color that we've used…and if we're working with colors…that we're using frequently,…we can store them in this library.…
We just have to hover over an open spot here,…click and then we can even give a name to our color…and from now on it is start here…and we can pick it anytime.…The color swatches palette is really…useful to organize and keep track…of your colors.…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.